Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Slacking

But not on purpose!

The trauma to my mouth kind of set me back the whole week. I couldn't really do anything at home either! I just sat on the couch as soon as I got home from work, turned on the TV and hung out with the cat until Joe came home and made dinner. It was quite pathetic but I don't regret any moments rest I took. But now I have no excuse not to work out! Well except that yesterday we had planned on jogging to Cheeseman Park (a few blocks east of us) but then it decided to snow pretty heavily in the evening. So we ended up staying in and watching a documentary called The Revisionaries.

I am determined to get back on track! I still remember what exercises I was working on and continue to find new ones on Pintrest. Also, a friend of mine that I used to work with at DSW asked me if I wanted to try a Zumba class with her. I've only tried Zumba a couple of times and that was about two years ago when I was still in college.

It kind of reminds me of a modern day Jazzercise.
It was pretty fun and I think it'll be great to have a friend to go along with. I might try to get Joe to join us but he gets embarrassed easily and this is the kind of work out that can start out pretty embarrassing. But I want him to stay active. If I enjoy this Zumba thing enough to stick with it I will probably cancel my membership at the gym we currently attend since the pricing will be about the same and I'm not about to pay double for working out. And if I quit that gym, Joe will have no motivation (i.e. me) to go on his own and he will probably quit too. If or when that happens I still want him to be active in some way. Any way! Maybe he'll warm up to the whole Zumba thing, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment