Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Age Grammer

I've noticed that I use the word "I" quite a bit. Obviously I use it to refer to myself, when I express feelings or thoughts on certain subjects that pertain to me, or just to talk about my day. Recently I've found this to most unappealing. I don't know why. I feel like I'm focusing too much on myself and what happens to me directly.
I need to branch out away from "I," from "me," from "myself" and move on to a bigger picture. It's going to be difficult to find a way to express myself without referring to said self as often.

I also want to shave off the word "maybe." Adding that word into a sentence with my opinion or thought makes it look like I'm uncertain about what is said. "Maybe" usually gets thrown in because I want to show the flexibility or openness of my opinion. Everyone is welcome to challenge my thoughts or support them in whatever respectful way they would like to. I don't need to insert that filler, the welcome gesture should be implied. Confidence needs to be instilled into my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment