Friday, March 30, 2012


So Thursday (March 1) went well.

Very well, actually. I was almost immediately notified to come in for a second level interview. I've never been to a second level interview (or third if you count the phone interview) so I looked up all I could about what kind of questions I would be asked, what kind of questions I needed to ask, etc. When the lady called me I was at work so I only got a message from her asking if I was interested in the second interview. I couldn't get a hold of her and we ended up playing phone tag for a few days. Even on the day of the interview I hadn't actually spoken to her so I went up there early to make sure our interview was truly confirmed. I was scheduled for 330pm but showed up at 230pm. I spoke with the lady at the reception desk and she called my interviewer, Jo.

To my surprise, Jo asked if I could go ahead and get the interview over with. I said 'yes' without hesitation hoping that would make a good impression even though I was very nervous. I had spent most of my morning going over potential questions but I wanted to get a few last minute looks over what I wanted to say about myself and what questions I wanted to address. The second interview turned out to be a lot like the first. They performed what's called a behavioral interview where you answer the question with a situation, how you handled the situation, and what the results were. She ended up writing most of the time so I felt a little more relaxed answering questions because we didn't have constant eye contact. At the end of the interview she blatantly said, "I like you." I was taken by surprise and replied, "I like you too" when the appropriate answer probably should have been "thank you."The interview portion was technically over but we sat for a bit and discussed when I could start working, she showed me around the building, and she talked about what the workload would be like.

She showed me out and shook my hand. A few days later, after I got some wonderful people to write me fantastic recommendations, I got a phone call from the recruiter with an offer to work for Centura Health. And that's where I am now. I have a full time job. I put my two weeks notice to DSW. I start at my new job on April 9th!